5 Reasons to add Soya Beans in the Diet
Soya beans are known to reduce bad cholesterol levels ,has rich protein content and is a source of B –complex responsible for efficient functioning of the heart and liver. Soya provides a balanced food for pregnant women and is good source of nutrition to children.
Soya can be had in the form of soya milk, nuggets, granules, tofu, oil, flour and also as a sauce. The nutritive properties of soya remains unchanged even if it is in the unprocessed (beans) or processed form.
Following are the 5 reasons that insist that soya should be part of everyone’s diet.
1. Soya beans help to avoid osteoporosis and have stronger bones .Soya milk can deliver double the benefits of milk.
2. Soya beans consist of isoflavones which is known to reverse the symptoms of menopause in women. Symptoms like hot flashes and vaginal dryness reduces with the intake of soya.
3. Soya protects and improves the health of the heart. It fights cholesterol and prevents the buildup of plaque in the arteries.
4. Soya helps to slow the process of prostate gland enlargement in men and uterine cancer in women. It helps to prevent baldness in men too.
5. Soya is a good source of protein and has natural oxidants like Vitamin E.Soya has the distinction of having proteins that is as good as the animal proteins. This is good news for vegetarians who can have soya to fulfill their need of protein supplements. It provides the required amino acids by the body and is also rich in minerals like magnesium, calcium, phosphorus and the all important iron.